Alan S. Lipp, MD, FACP, FACG
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
Education: MD – University of Miami School of Medicine
Residency: Internal Medicine – Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
Fellowship: Gastroenterology – Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Board Certification: Gastroenterology – American Board of Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology; Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine
300 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501, (516) 294-9380
Dr. Alan Lipp grew up in Brooklyn, New York. He attended the prestigious Honors Program in Medical Education at the University of Miami, graduating from medical school at the age of 22. He was elected into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and earned a perfect 4.0 GPA. He then completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and his Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine. In 1997, he joined the practice now known as Klein, Geier, Lipp, M.D., L.L.P.
Dr. Lipp is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is skilled in all facets of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and has special interests in colon cancer screening and prevention, inflammatory bowel diseases, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and hepatitis C. Dr. Lipp has given numerous teaching lectures to other physicians, as well as in the general community. He serves as Chairman of the Performance Improvement/Risk Management Committee at ECLI.
Dr. Lipp has served as a Medical Advisor on the major motion pictures “Requiem For A Dream” and “Pi”.
Dr. Lipp lives in Great Neck with his wife and three children.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Local 1199
- Local 32J (N.b. ECLI does not accept)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire (NYSHIP)
- GEHA (N.b. ECLI accepts as a secondary insurer only)
- GHI except healthcare exchange plans i.e., Select Care
- Healthcare Partners
- Health Republic
- HIP except healthcare exchange plans i.e., Select Care
- Humana (N.b. ECLI accepts as a secondary insurer only)
- Meritain (administered by Aetna)
- NALC (administered by Cigna)
- Oxford Medicare (out-of-network benefits only)
- POMCO-New York (administered by Magnacare)
- United Healthcare except healthcare exchange plans or Community Plan
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- World Trade Center Health Program
This physician does not accept any Medicaid products.