Robert Anthony Klein, MD, FACG
Managing Director, ECLI
Clinical Assistant Professor, Medicine, Hofstra Northwell Health School of Medicine
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
Education: MD – New York Medical College
Residency: Internal Medicine – Nassau University Medical Center
Fellowship: Gastroenterology – Nassau University Medical Center
Board Certification: Gastroenterology – American Board of Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology; Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine
300 Old Country Road, Mineola, NY 11501, (516) 294-9380
Dr. Robert Klein received his undergraduate degree in Biology from the College of the Holy Cross and his medical degree from New York Medical College. He completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine followed by a fellowship in Gastroenterology at Nassau County Medical Center. He is the founding partner of Klein, Geier, Lipp, M.D, and L.L.P., which he started after his fellowship in 1983.
Dr. Klein is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and a Fellow of the Nassau Academy of Medicine. For thirty years he was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at the State University of Stony Brook and now has the same status at the Hofstra Medical School.
Since the opening of The Endoscopy Center of Long Island in 2003, Dr. Klein has served as its President until it’s’ partnership with Northwell Health in 2013. He now serves as the Managing Director.
Married with three children and one grandchild, he enjoys the outdoors, fishing and reading.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Local 1199
- Local 32J (N.b. ECLI does not accept)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire (NYSHIP)
- GEHA (N.b. ECLI accepts as a secondary insurer only)
- GHI except healthcare exchange plans i.e., Select Care
- Healthcare Partners
- Health Republic
- HIP except healthcare exchange plans i.e., Select Care
- Humana (N.b. ECLI accepts as a secondary insurer only)
- Meritain (administered by Aetna)
- NALC (administered by Cigna)
- Oxford Medicare (out-of-network benefits only)
- POMCO-New York (administered by Magnacare)
- United Healthcare except healthcare exchange plans or Community Plan
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- World Trade Center Health Program
This physician does not accept any Medicaid products.